As someone who has a LOT of things going on (where “a lot” is indexed to several hundred separate, unique tasks per-week), I found this list pretty interesting.
52 Proven Stress Reducers has some interesting ideas, including some of the obvious ones:
- Get up fifteen minutes earlier in the morning. The inevitable morning mishaps will be less stressful.
- Prepare for the morning the evening before. Set the breakfast table. Make lunches. Put out the clothes you plan to wear, etc.
But there are others that aren’t so obvious:
- Procrastination is stressful. Whatever you want to do tomorrow, do today; whatever you want to do today, do it now.
- Do unpleasant tasks early and enjoy the rest of the day.
- Delegate responsibility to capable people.
Overall, a great list.
I’ve loaded it onto my Palm in Plucker format so I’ll always have it with me, on-hand.